Blueberry Oatmeal Waffles
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or your fave non-dairy milk)
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
Sift flour, baking powder, salt and allspice into a mixing bowl. Mix in the oats. Make a well in the center and add applesauce, milk, maple syrup, oil and vanilla. Stir just until combined.
Let batter rest for 5 minutes or so, it will thicken a bit. Fold in the blueberries. Don’t worry too much about the blueberries bleeding into the batter, it’s no biggie.
Cook in waffle iron according to manufacturer directions. In my 8 inch waffle iron, I use a heaping 1/2 cup of batter. Remember to spray or brush the iron with oil in between each waffle.