- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast or baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add oil, vanilla, and soy milk. Whisk until smooth.
Pour batter into a pan lined with parchment paper (preferably square, 22 inches). Tap the sides of the pan so that the batter sets. Sprinkle the surface with chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips. Nuts and chocolate chips can also be added to the dough after whisking.
Bake for 30–35 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before unmolding.