Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk at room temp
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (plus more for the water)
- Several dashes fresh black pepper
Cut potatoes into about 1 1/2 inch chunks. Place in a pot and cover with cold water. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of salt into the water. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling lower heat to a simmer and cook for about 12 minutes, until fork tender. Drain potatoes, then place back in the pot. Do a preliminary mash with a potato masher, just to get them broken up. Add almond milk, oil, salt and pepper and mash until fluffy. You may want to add a bit more almond milk, if needed. Taste for salt and pepper and serve!