Crunchy Peanut Butter Bonbons
Yields 16-20 bonbons
- 1/4 cup non-dairy butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup organic unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) package vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil
- 1/4 cup ground peanuts, combined with 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional topping)
In a large bowl or standing mixer, combine butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, bread crumbs, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Stir well, mixing until uniform.
Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (or use cooking spray). Freeze until hard, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, create a double boiler by placing 1-2 inches of water in a small (2-quart) pot. Cover with a metal or heatproof glass bowl. Add chocolate chips and cook over medium heat until melted. Stir in oil and whisk until smooth.
Remove frozen peanut butter balls from freezer and dip each bonbon in melted chocolate, using a skewer or small fork.
Place dipped bonbons back on cookie sheet to firm up. If desired, top with additional dollop of chocolate or ground peanuts with sugar and cinnamon. Freeze until ready to serve. Let bonbons sit at room temp for 5 minutes before serving.