- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 oz cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Several dashes fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (chardonnay is great)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
In a small bowl, mix the flour with about 2 cups of vegetable broth until well dissolved. Once dissolved, add the remaining broth and mix. Set aside.
Preheat a 2 quart pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion in oil for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, sage, salt and pepper and sauté for about 5 more minutes.
Add wine and turn heat up to bring to a boil. Let wine reduce for about 3 minutes. Add the broth/flour mix and the nutritional yeast, if using. Lower heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring often. Taste for salt and pepper and serve.